Wikipedia about: Dasma shkup
Dasmariñas was named after Gómez Pérez Dasmariñas, the 7th Spanish governor-general of the Philippines who served from 1590 to 1593. After his death, his son Luis Pérez Dasmariñas became the governor-general from 1593 to 1596. Pérez Dasmariñas came from San Miguel das Negradas, Galicia, Spain.
Dasmariñas literally means "from the marines" in the Galician language, a language from Galicia, Spain. As Mariñas is a district in the north coast of Galicia.
In the 19th century during the Spanish Colonial Period, Dasmariñas was originally called Tampus meaning "end of the forest" at the time the place was just a part of its mother town of Imus. It was once a part of a vast Recollect Hacienda that supported all the various missionary activities of the Recollects in the Philippines and in Spain.
On April 9, 1864, a council composed of the Archbishop of Manila, the politico military governor of Cavite, the Prior Provincial of the Augustinian Recollect Order and the parish priest of Imus met to discuss the creation of the new town and parish separated from Imus. At that time, there were only 643 inhabitants that lived in Tampus, the heart of the community. After thorough discussions, the Gobierno Civil Superior of the Islands approved the creation of the new town on May 12, 1864 with Don Juan Ramirez elected as gobernadorcillo (town head).
An ensemble of nipa houses in the other barrios of the hacienda like Malinta, Nancaan, Salacay, Paliparan, …